The Skrooge team is proud to announce the release of version 0.6.0, bringing new features and a lot of bugfixes.
Here are some of the most prominent new features in Skrooge 0.6.0.
Skrooge is now able to draw some estimation of how a graph might look in the future. This is valid for any report with a graph of type line, whatever the chosen time interval (years, months, weeks, days...). There are two different methods for forecasting:
- Schedule: Skrooge will use the upcoming recurrent operations and draw them on the graph.
- Moving Average: Skrooge will use existing operations and build a moving average set of points for upcoming periods. This method tries to give you a sense of "based on how the graph looked like in the past, here is how it might look like for the near future". Of course, this can give totally unacurate results, depending on the dataset used, period, weather outside...
The forecasted period is controlled by a slider:
Move the slider right to extend the forecast period.
We'd like to get some feedback on this feature, since it's quite tricky to provide some useful information through forecasting. Let us know what you think.
Minimum, Maximum & Average
You can now display lines for Minimum, Maximum & Average, in any line graph containing a single line.
To get an idea of the overall trend in a graph, it is now possible to draw a line corresponding to the linear regression of the data drawn
New User Interface for Search & Process
I was not satisfied with the previous Search & Process presentation. We've worked on it and propose a new layout, hopefully a bit more clearer:
I'm still not entirely satisfied with it, especially the overeall aesthetics, but I think it's an improvement over the previous one. I will try to improve it during the 0.6.x series.
A long requested feature is the substring completion, a complicated term that is better explained by a small screen capture:
When typing in a text field, all previous entries containing the same string, whatever the position, are proposed to the user. Previously, it worked only if existing entries started with the same string.
A lot... Improvements in
- Imports (transfers, split operations...)
- Split operations edition
- Keyboard shortcuts
Please read the changelog for a complete view...
Get it, Try it, Love it...
... well, we hope ;)
Anyway, go get it from our website, or bug your favorite distro for inclusion.
To enhance Skrooge, we need you ! There are many ways you can help us:
- Submit bug reports
- Discuss on the KDE forum
- Contact us, give us your ideas, explain us where we can improve...
- Can you design good interfaces ? Can you code ? Have webmaster skills ? Are you a billionaire looking for a worthy investment ? We will be very pleased in welcoming you in the skrooge team, contact us !
Powered by Blogilo