The Skrooge team announces realease of the version 1.0.0 of its popular personal finances management application.
- Grouping : As shown in the above picture, you can now group operations. But not only operations, you can group categories, payees, accounts... And you may group on any column shown in the view.
- Recurring operations can be scheduled on a weekly basis
- Allow to merge trackers by drag & drop
- You may now build reports that will display a number of operations, instead of only the sum of amounts
- Remove some clutter by reducing the number of icons in the toolbar in the default configuration.
- New "Fast edit" button in operation editor.
- It is now possible to copy cells content into the clipboard
- If an account is closed while its balance is different from 0, it is displayed as a potential issue in the dashboard (advices widget)
- Ability to create operations outside skrooge, using krunner : a string like "buy 10 ESSO" allows to quickly prepare add a new operation in skrooge. Advices in dashboard allows to finalize the creation
- New menu to lock/unlock docks
- Allow menu hiding, like in dolphin:
Menu is shown
Menu is hidden under the icon on the right
- Monthly reports are now builts using the very excellent Grantlee template engine. This allow us to implement many new monthly reports, that can be added using Get Hot New Stuff. Thanks to the opendesktop.org team for providing us with this facility :)
- bug 280362: Skrooge is not accepting dots or commas
- bug 280897: Unit wont set on mt940 import when there are existing operations
- bug 280915: The import logic should use an existing account based on bank name read from :20: and the account number read from :25:
- bug 282983: Multi-currency transactions not anchored to the exchange rate of the day of the transaction
- bug 283246: Some text is hard to read with dark color theme
- Overall performance improvements
- Fix Grisbi import with split operations
- Fix opening read only file
- Completion on substring available only in "Dropdown list" mode
- "Delete unused" of category page tries a delete only on categories really not used
- Various correction in bookmarks (enable/disable in menu, bad management in parent/child relation)
- Cascading delete in categories and bookmarks
This release also introduces a more logical version numbering. As for many other software (including KDE Workspace), we will have an X.Y.Z numbering where:
- X is the major code version. It is only incremented with major refactoring of the underlying code. Not likely to happen in the next months.
- Y is the minor code version. It is incremented whenever there are enough features, corrections or bugfixes. Typically, Y could be incremented in approximately 6 months
- Z is the bugfix iteration. It is incremented when we need to quickly release a version that fixes major bugs, without new features
Regarding beta versions, again, we are inspired by the KDE Workspace scheme. For example, before releasing a 1.1.0 version, we will produce betas numbers 1.0.99x, incrementing the last digit as often as needed.
Get it, Try it, Love it...
Grab Skrooge from your distro's packaging system. If it is not yet included in repositories, go get it from our website, and bug your favorite distro for inclusion.
To enhance Skrooge, we need you ! There are many ways you can help us:
- Submit bug reports
- Discuss on the KDE forum
- Contact us, give us your ideas, explain us where we can improve...
- Can you design good interfaces ? Can you code ? Have webmaster skills ? Are you a billionaire looking for a worthy investment ? We will be very pleased in welcoming you in the skrooge team, contact us !