The Skrooge team is pleased to announce the release 1.5.1 of its popular personal finances management application. The attentive reader will notice that there is no annoucement for version 1.5.0... This is because I was too slow to make it before Stephane published a new version .
This new version's highlights contains :
- Automatic import through weboob. In spite of the [funny | questionnable | silly] (pick your choice) name and general tone, weboob is a quite interesting technology allowing to fully automate the process of downloading data from your bank, by parsing its html page. Backends are available for a few banks, but writing additional backends is actually quite easy with some python knowledge, and their community will welcome your contributions.
- Overall performance improvement
- Nicer line graphs
- New "Process Immediately" method to process immedialetly some scheduled operations
- Multiselection for "Jump to the operation" in scheduled operation page
- New advice to detect non alignment of comments (operation vs suboperation) for simpe operations
- New advice to detect operations without mode
- New option Automatic refresh/Manual refresh in advice dashboard widget
- New advice to switch on "Manual refresh" when advice are very long to compute
- New advice to detect too complex unit definition like this: IBM => $ => £ => € (not supported)
- Possibility to do graphic reports with the bank as column of line
Bugfix & Enhancements
- Fixed bug 311252 : Creating account with existing name just modify the existing one
- Fixed bug 312609 : Banks widgets at the dashboard show wrong values
- Fixed bug 312671 : Compile warnings
- Fixed bug 312859 : Searching for an empty payee doesn't seem to work
- Fixed bug 313140 : Thousands of compile warnings when using [-pedantic] [PATCH provided by Andi Clemens]
- Fixed bug 313141 : Adjust layout in preferences window [PATCH provided by Andi Clemens]
- Fixed bug 271292 : "Set to upper" process does not work with all characters
- Fixed bug 263265 : Support regexps on imported data
- Fixed bug 313268 : Better layout fot the "comment" field in the operations view
- Fixed bug 313240 : Transfers between accounts with different currencies show as income/expense
- Avoid endless "wait cursor" in case of canceled load of protected file
- Operations page layout with very long comments
- Disable "Pin this page" when no page is opened
- Disable "Print" and "Print preview" when no page is opened
- Correction in the show menu of the operation page when only one account with ";" in the name
- Pb of propagation for budget rule with Period=Current Year
- Avoid duplicate message in notification
- Avoid to set an operation in more than one budget item when "garbage" budgets are used
- Display reconciliation field when the "Reconcile" function is called from the page of accounts
- Transfers ignored by default in" "Incomes & Expenditures" widget and reports
- Adapt the size of the "Account" field to the lenght of the accounts names
- Set focus on "Date:" field after insertion or update of an operation
- Nicer line graphs
Get it, Try it, Love it...
Grab Skrooge from your distro's packaging system. If it is not yet included in repositories, go get it from our website, and bug your favorite distro for inclusion.
To enhance Skrooge, we need you ! There are many ways you can help us:
- Submit bug reports
- Discuss on the KDE forum
- Contact us, give us your ideas, explain us where we can improve...
- Can you design good interfaces ? Can you code ? Have webmaster skills ? Are you a billionaire looking for a worthy investment ? We will be very pleased in welcoming you in the skrooge team, contact us !